Thank you for dropping your children off using our Kiss N’ Ride Loop at the front-south location. Keeping your children safe is our number one priority. Please help us by following the safety rules noted below.
Kiss N’ Ride Safety Rules:
· Parents are to stay in the car - the staff on duty will help your child(ren) out of the car. Have all backpacks within reach to help child(ren) exit your car quickly and safely.
· All students to exit on the passenger (right) side.
· Follow the traffic slowly to the supervising staff before letting passengers out – this will facilitate an efficient traffic flow.
· Leave 2 metres between you and the car in front.
· No passing once you have entered the loop - wait patiently as there is just ONE lane for the Kiss N’ Ride zone.
· NO PARKING anywhere inside the loop of the Kiss N’ Ride zone.
· Drive slowly and with caution at all times.
The supervision of our Kiss N’ Ride is between 8:25 and - 8:40 a.m. If you wish to walk your child(ren) into the school, please park your car on one of the side streets and cross at our supervised crosswalks.
Every morning, our staff take pleasure in welcoming our students with a warm smile! With your cooperation, this Kiss N’ Ride will allow for a safe and efficient arrival zone for our students. Thank you for your patience during your time in the Kiss N’ Ride Loop.
The afternoon pick-up procedures are different from our morning Kiss N’ Ride. Please help us by following the safety rules noted below when you are picking your child(ren) up at the end of the day.
Afternoon Pick-up Safety Rules:
· Kindergarten parents may enter the parking lot loop (west parking lot) prior to 3:00 p.m. (ensure your parking pass is visible). NOTE: Please do not park in front of the caretaker entrance.
· Kindergarten parents may exit the parking lot between 3:00 – 3:15 p.m. (wait until our supervising staff has cleared the cross-walk).
· At the end of the day, the front-south Loop is for the bus only – no other cars are permitted in this Loop.
· All other parents must park on a side street and are not permitted to pick-up in the parking lot or front-south loop.
· Drive slowly and with caution at all times as students are crossing the parking lot and streets.
· All students and families must use the cross-walk.
· At 3:15 p.m. the parking lot will re-open.
Thank you for your patience during both our morning and afternoon drop-off and pick-up. If you choose to park on the side streets, ensure you park on the correct side of the street. Please watch for our families walking to and from school, as we want everyone to be safe. Furthermore, Police Officers and Parking Enforcement Agents continue to monitor school zones - they will ticket parked cars that are too close to the fire hydrant or opposite the flow of traffic.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to be in touch.